Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Project

Ok,

I have been thinking about what I could apply in relation to the subject for my learning proposal, but I am finding this difficult due to not knowing what we are going to cover as yet.
Right now, due to what I do I think I might look at targeting advertising, as it is something I want our company to do and do effectively in the future, that is, target advertising to users as per their behaviour.
Does this sound like it fits in with what we are learning? or too complex for my limited knowledge?
http://clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3623359

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Claire,

webanalytics and campaign measurement is a hot topic with marketing folk at the moment .. the whole 'SEO' (Search Engine Optimisation) thing has spawned an industry servicing organisations eager to increase the success of their e-marketing activities.

User profiling is one piece of a pretty large (and cool) online campaign puzzle and I reckon you could do some elementary stuff with the knowledge you gain from this subject.

Using a combination of techniques employing technologies like google analytics, php and mysql you could design a simple system that presents custom content based on simple profiling.

We do stuff like this at my day job -- outbound e-marketing activities drive traffic to campaign microsites where we capture information and pass it to a Customer Relationship Management package to assist with user profiling.

The whole capture/transport and store part of the 'customer journey' is the practical bit that you could use DMT for and apply to lyour day-to-day business activities.

Happy to chat about this if you're interested.

Jason.
-~-